Monday, October 03, 2005

Intellectual Masochism!

While it took me very long time to realise that there is more in the world than I can possibly understand...I still venture into the research areas of my friends. I bother them with stupid questions...which many times get answered with a lot of patience. I really enjoy it sometimes when it sparks the curiosity and I think about it, but sometimes, well...!

I was in this class of abstract algebra...which I tried to audit and to my horror found that abstract things are good for me only if they have something to do with philosophy not maths!! But I endured half a semester of classes, tried my best to understand why A+B does not mean addition of A and B, but is could also be division of A with B or whatever it is... But I have blissfully forgotten everything that the prof tried to teach me...now A+B means A+B!

Sometimes I wonder..is it intellectual masochism??

1 Comments:

Blogger littlecow said...

I don't think you have forgotten it but rather the knowledge (of all that you understood in that class) is tucked away deep. On the day you really require the knowledge, you will be able to re-extract it out! So worry not and keep taking classes that interest you.

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home