Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Struggles...

Wake up, said a sweet voice. She didn't know where it was coming from and looked around only to find the dark confines of her house. That was strange; she had lot of space before she went to sleep yet it looked a little cramped now. She seemed to grow bigger in the sleep. Anyway, she listened more carefully, wake up and come out said the voice, sweet with kindness and love. She opened a small window only to be blinded by the brilliant light outside. She tried to come out, but alas the small opening was too small for her size. She couldn't come out.
Come out dear, said the sweet voice. I cant, I am too big said she.
Try harder my dear child, said the voice outside.
Who are you, she asked.
Iam your mother, said the same voice.
I don't want to come out. I'll be mocked by my friends as being ugly. Thats why I hid here after my lunch, she said. No my dear, you are the most beautiful of them all. Come out and see for yourself, said her mother's voice.
After a while she got accustomed to the light outside and she could now see clearly. On looking at a beautiful butterfly she blurted,"You cannot be my mother. Iam an ugly caterpillar. I dont want to come out". Trust me and try harder my dear, said her mother.
She struggled hard. It was painful to come out. She stopped many times, exhausted only to be cajoled into action by her mother. After a strenuous effort she was out of her self imprisoned coccoon and lo! she could fly now. She flew with her mother to the nearby pond. It was beautiful sunny day, with many nectar filled flowers swaying their heads in the gentle breeze as if someone was immersed in a divine music. Her mother taught her how to delicately drink the nectar from the flowers without damaging their gentle petals. In the cool calm waters of the pond flying alongside beautiful dragonflies and humming bees, she could see a beautiful young butterfly with multicoloured wings flying beside the bigger butterfly.

The stuggles are important in our life, they teach us to be human, to try harder and go past the boundaries we set for ourselves in thought and action. Just like the transformation of a caterpillar to beautiful butterfly, we all have the potential to transform ourselves. To become from someone who is a burden to the plants that fed to someone who drinks nectar yet does no harm to even the most delicate flowers.

But the question is, do we try hard enough? Look straight into the eyes and ask the guy in the mirror, you'll know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home