Saturday, December 31, 2005

Looking back to move forward...

This time of the year, almost everyone of us looks back and wonders how was the past year?
And looking back and pondering over things is one of my favourite past times too. So here Iam, as 2005 comes to an end and while waiting for the simulation to complete, thinking of the past year. How should I evaluate it? What should be the criteria to evaluate an year of life?
As a discovery channel ad said, "When was the last time you did something for the first time...Discover". Applying this criteria, yes new frontiers were explored, that I never thought existed and few new friends made. Few important lessons were learnt the hard way, yet in the end thats what mattered...lessons learnt. Progress was visible to others but things seemed to have stagnated to me. However, it was all not gloomy as the few things achieved do seem to give a confidence that I can do things I planned and challenge to set higher goals, while the failures urge me to conquer them . As the year ends, I can feel a kind of quite resolve emerging as the challenges invite me, and Rabindranath Tagore's song rings in my ear:
"Jodi tor dakshune keu naa aashe tobhi ekla chalo re..."
@

2 Comments:

Blogger littlecow said...

Happy new year! And keep up the good work on the blog.

11:08 PM  
Blogger atma_tripta said...

Thank you for the encouragement!!
@

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home