Monday, April 24, 2006

Doubts...

Ambling on the silent paths of solitude,I climb the mountain of introspection. In the great plains before me farmers leaving their fields after day's work in blazing sun, cast long shadows. The earth in the golden glow of the setting sun reminds the tired face of a village maid. Grand edifices of the yesteryears stand on on the horizon as a mark of the proud men who built them. Like a painter about to draw his masterpiece I stare at my future. The white canvas of future is empty and mysterious. For a moment the brush in my hand quivers. A small self doubt rises..what does my future hold. What if one wrong stroke destroys the future? I am lost in these thoughts as I stare at stars in the moonless night enveloped by darkness. I see the red glow on the horizon and the little figures of men working in the fields with their bullocks. The same fields that were destroyed by countless floods and yet the tenacity of these great little men wins over the ferocity of nature and tryanny of men. Unkown strength envelopes me and I whistle at the nightingale on the nearby mango tree. Feel happy when it replies back and a tide of peace rushes with the first rays of morning sun. I standup and walk determinedly into the fields of action. I shall paint the best picture not to appease my vanity but as a tribute to those who are gone and who are yet to come and to those people who stand up again. I now find my hand steady and doubts melting just like the drops of the dew that are falling off the blades of grass as I walk.
@

1 Comments:

Blogger littlecow said...

Every painting is started with an empty canvas. And every painting has flaws!

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home