Thursday, February 23, 2006

But...

I was walking down the memory lane. There were familiar landmarks: some imposing and inspiring, some insipid; some beautiful, some ugly; few with deep foundations leaving a mark on my memory landscape. Time had weathered many of them: some lay in ruins while others were covered by vines of forgetfulness. I remembered the places, where I had stood earlier truimphant, defeated, vindicted, confident, sad, lonely or hopeful. The grand monumental events that looked so important at the time of their construction seemed small as I reflected on them. The path was not shaped, as I observed standing at the beginning of the lane, by these grand edifices: they just stood there by the side of path lined with thousands of ephemeral daffodils.
As I ambled on the paths, a little note with rain or perhaps tears blurring the letters, lying in the bushes caught my attention, it read,"But... I loved you".
Startled I woke up. I thanked my stars, it was just a dream.
@

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home