Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Lost in footsteps

It was getting a little dark. I quickened my steps back to home. There were few cars on the street. Few of the sodium vapor lamps stood like torches in the enveloping fog. Slowly the awareness of my surroundings grew and I could notice the smoke rising from the old looking house. The air was thick with the smell of burning wood. The atmosphere was strangely soothing. Probably it was the afternoon rain that cleaned the dirt off the leaves and made them shine in the soft glow of street lights or may be it was the workout at the gym, I did not know or care. I realized it had been almost a month since I took one of the lonely walks. Apart from the sound of occasional breaking twig and the rustle of leaves there was nothing but the rhythmic sound of footsteps falling on soft pavement. There was absolute silence...inside and outside. There was a joy enveloping that did not depend on anything. I smiled as I entered home...I just got lost in my footsteps...once again.
@

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home