Monday, November 12, 2007

Musings.

Wise show a narrow winding path into the woods and claim that it leads to heaven. When I look into their eyes and ask again, they say that you told them.
But they are sure that I shall go to hell when I die if I do not walk their chosen path.
They tell me you shall inflict terrible punishment on me if I do not obey.
Where shall I seek heaven, when you are everywhere;
Verily this world becomes hell when I don't see you here.
Lord! I am not schooled enough to be afraid of you.
I utter your name in joy as a child calls its mother purposelessly.
I do not desire to barter a life in heaven with your place in my heart, dear friend.
I seek no forgiveness for my sins my Lord!
I want nothing in return as there is nothing I own.
What can I give you, the one who created the worlds; Even these thoughts belong to you.
In the moments of silent solitude, you show me glimpses of your majestic vastness.
Yet, in a childish attempt, I sing your glory like a lamp in the sun.
I wonder if this offering colored with prejudice, wickedness and coldness of heart is worth a place in your home.
Smiling innocently you whisper that this world is in your home and tell me to move on feeling your presence in every step of this journey.
Jignasu

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home